Leidos has an immediate career opening for an IT Systems Analyst with vast knowledge in network and systems administration in support of the 526th Intelligence Squadron (526 IS) at Nellis AFB, NV.
An IT Systems Analyst must have excellent understanding of information technology systems (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technologies.
They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a variety of situations. Additionally they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Must have previous experience exercising high level of initiative, judgement and diplomacy. Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. They must possess superior people skills and work with all levels of a team environment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with Cisco network devices and LAN functionality and connectivity
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; will also need to operate & maintain servers and storage devices
- Setup and operate Taclane (KG-175D, KG-175F, KG-175G)
- Track all work in designated systems (such as Remedy, Serena or ServiceNOW), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets, escalate issues as needed, and hand-off work between day or night shift
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the VMware vSphere 6.x and up (VMware VCP)
- Administer, develop, deliver, and support IT systems and services to provide secure and reliable C4ISR operations
- Perform Windows 10 systems administration including performance tuning, system availability, capacity planning, provisioning, and security
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects and services
- Perform in depth investigations on the applications in the production system environment.
- Provide configuration management, application implementation, server upgrades, software and operating system patches, antivirus updates, and data backup/restoration for client systems
- Plan for current and future technology integration and ensure compatibility and standardization based on current and projected customer needs
- Deploy, setup, and maintain customer-furnished computer systems
- Set up, administer, and service user accounts across multiple networks and client environments.
- Provide service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems
- Troubleshoot system and software problems
- Establish and update procedures and documentation
- Ensure rigorous application of information security/assurance policies in the delivery of C4ISR services
- Managed IT projects for the customer, as required
- Perform configuration management and provide IT equipment upgrade recommendations
- Perform COMSEC custodian duties in accordance with national and DoD directives
- Occasional shift work will be required to support exercises
- TS/SCI eligible
- CompTIA Sec+ CE certification or higher
- 8-12 years of relevant experience.
- At least two years experience working on Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) systems and architecture to include the Open Architecture and SecureView
- At least three years COMSEC experience (accounting for handling COMSEC items and materials)
- At least two years VMware vSphere administration experience
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent education and experience
- Expertise in one or more areas of IT, such as Microsoft OS administration (Windows 10, Server 2016, etc.), Sun Solaris (UNIX) administration, ASA/firewall administration, Cisco IOS (CLI) and NetIQ Directory and Resource Administration (DRA)
- Proven skills in IT systems repair, troubleshooting, deployment and liquidation
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
- Experience in data cabling and computer facilities maintenance
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing, switching, ACL, DNS, DHCP, email, SSL, OSI model and other TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers and management
- Must be willing and able to lift 50 pounds and able to climb a 10 foot tower/stand
- VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- CompTIA Advance Security Practioner (CASP+ CE) certification or equivalent
- CompTIA Network+ CE certification or equivalent
- Masters degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent education and experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.