Are you ready to make an impact?...
As a result of some exciting programme wins, we currently have a permanent vacancy for an Asset & Configuration Engineer to support the transition & in-service running of an existing IT application and infrastructure solution providing support to a critical operational end user.
The Configuration Manager will be joining a team of highly skilled and highly motivated engineers who are working on one of the UKs leading programme. The successful candidate will be at the center of release and deployment ensuring the technical integrity are adhered to of the highest quality. Applicants must be willing and able to undergo DV clearance.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the principles of asset and configuration management, be able to demonstrate past successes in interacting with a wide variety of technologies and stakeholders and be a strong communicator. You will also have sufficient technical knowledge to interrogate and direct the interrogation of all types of hardware & network devices to get accurate configuration data. It is desirable but not essential that the successful candidate will also have experience of creating and managing a CMDB within Microsoft Service Centre.
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Demonstrable experience with software configuration management processes, procedures and products
- Demonstrable knowledge with managing and overseeing entire release management cycle to include hotfixes, defect tracking, production operations status reporting
- Demonstrable experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases and ability to lead software release meetings and oversee release team execution to deliver product on-time
- Domain knowledge of the internationally recognised CM standards
- Demonstrable previous CM experience at this level including process definition and governance
- Demonstrable experience of managing assets including documentation, hardware, virtual devices, software, licenses
- Demonstrable experience administering and maintaining a CMS for software licensing, asset management and configuration management
- Strong background in ITIL V3 and good understanding of ITIL V4
- Able to define and apply compliant processes within a programme with a view of both continuous improvement and how to transition from existing processes to ITIL V4
- Significant experience in complex solutions for large government organisations or private corporations using a diverse engineering and technology team
- Keen technical advocate and self-learner up to date with the latest trends and innovations; encourages and inspires those around them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with testers, systems engineers, architects, software developers, management as well as ability to work with multiple teams to release software
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Establish a process for managing the CMDB
- Extract assets from the early CMDB to establish a bill of materials and work with other parties including supply chain so that can be costed and ultimately update the early CMDB
- Clearance to Start DV
- Clearance for Role DV
- £39,900 - £50,900p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.