At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Mainframe Release Management expert to join our team in Woodlawn Maryland. This opening will support the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Support the in-house application deployment process, Endevor ESI Setup, and Endevor SSA customized Exit modules. Analyze Assembler modules to determine recommendations for improvement with the Endevor product upgrade.
• Assist users in resolving Release Process Support problems.
• Analyze customer needs and find solutions to improve the release process.
• Create Architecture documents and present solutions to the SSA customer and the COTS vendor CA/Broadcom to create a Release process that will operate efficiently in the SSA Modernized environment.
• Support and advise the Quality Assurance and production readiness support teams with Application Release questions and setup.
• Support COBOL needs and related questions.
Required & Desired Skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analysis skills and aid in troubleshooting issues
- Strong documentation skills, including use of Microsoft Office suite, and Visio
- Independent worker
- Team player
Highly proficient in
• MVS/TSO ISPF
• Application Developer in COBOL and ALC experience
• Experience with Endevor
• Command Procedure (Clist)
• COBOL 6.2
• z/OS Utilities
• Defining VSAM Files, Mapping (record Layout)
• Control M
• COBOL DB2 knowledge of compile of a program. Bind Plan and packages, DBRM.
• Excellent communication and written skills.
• Ability to communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
• Ability to negotiate and compromise to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
Education & Qualifications:
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.