Leidos has a need for an AWS Cloud Administrator with strong Linux skills to oversee an AWS cloud based NiFi cluster that feeds our low-to-high ETL pipeline. This position is primarily remote, but requires a TS/SCI clearance so the successful candidate can make periodic site visits and learn the high side architecture and new dataset requirements.
- In this role, the successful candidate will work independently with guidance and oversight from our senior engineer to maintain the health of our low side data flows and assist the ETL team.
- They will support the team in leveraging standard tools (particularly Apache-NiFi) for Extracting, Transforming, and Loading data between databases for the sponsor.
- The successful candidate will assist the ETL team in creating NiFi data flows and custom code to quickly extract, triage, and exploit data across domains in support of analytic work while supporting the strategic development of replicable processes.
- The successful candidate will administer NiFi clusters to ETL data into a secure AWS environment.
- They must achieve sufficient familiarity with NiFi processors or, in instances where NiFi cannot be implemented, with custom Java, Python, or Lambda code to support the ETL team and troubleshoot pipeline issues.
- The candidate will conduct product usability tests and must work efficiently with cross-functional team members to include analysts, data scientists, project managers, and software solutions integrators.
- As a senior member of the ETL team, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping maintain the health of the NiFi clusters.
- This includes troubleshooting communication errors, downed nodes, and other performance issues.
- The successful candidate will also assist with the packaging and deployment of NiFi version upgrades.
- Bachelor degree and at least 12 years of experience OR Masters with at least 10 years experience OR 16 years experience in lieu of degree
- Must have a TS/ISA clearance AND the requires the ability and willingness to upgrade to TS/ISSA
- Proficiency with AWS
- Proficient with Java, SQL and ETL technologies and concepts.
- Proficient with Linux: can use native tools like grep and awk for analyzing log files; can interact with system services (e.g., systemctl and supervisord); can write bash scripts to automate repetitive tasks; familiar with tools to enable single point interaction with all cluster nodes (e.g., distributing shell commands, using tmux, etc.); understands networking protocols and tools; familiar with authentication mechanisms like SSH, PKI, and Kerberos.
- Experience with Apache-NiFi
- Familiarity with HDFS, Hive, Impala, HBase, SOLR and Spark
- Experience with Python
- Understanding and proficiency in cross-domain solutions (ETL’ing data from unclassified to classified systems and across classified environments)
- Agile development and proficiency in continuous integration/delivery tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and Git
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.