The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Launch Communications Coordinator located at Cape Canaveral, FL. The successful candidate will be required to execute, refine, and supervise the processes and procedures for Coordinating all Launch Communications in a purpose-built enterprise environment. The candidate will be required to possess demonstrable decision-making, leadership skills and the ability to work constructively, collaboratively and independently across multiple functional and technical areas to achieve a positive impact on explicitly stated and implicit program goals and business results. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to advance the Ratchet Launch mission. As the Launch Communications Coordinator you will support complex planning, scheduling, and execution of Ratchet Launch projects
Qualified applicants must be able to perform efficiently under dynamic conditions and skillfully navigate continually evolving priorities, facilitating reliable and consistent mission application data processing in a complex computing environment. Through the application of deep technical and critical thinking skills, expert knowledge, and highly innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Lead the customer’s launch planning process by providing communications requirement definitions and project planning.
- Collaborate with launch customers to define launch communications requirements, engineer solutions, and develop supporting documentation.
- Develop project plans, schedules and timelines.
- Lead project through customer milestones and reviews.
- Perform technical writing on project documentation.
- Track project tasks and action items.
- Develop and present briefings as required.
- Produce project status reports.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all engineering and maintenance documentation required to support a launch project.
- Collaborate with technicians to ensure IT requirements are met.
- Assist technicians to ensure readiness of systems to support launch activities.
- Collaborate with configuration management team to ensure accuracy and completeness of CM documentation such as facility maps, site floor plans, rack elevations, patch panel, equipment shelf layouts, system overviews, circuit drawings.
- Attend working groups (WGs), Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and participate in Integrated Product Team (IPTs).
- Assess staffing requirements and IT deployment delivery times to identify lead times.
- Support launch communications testing and rehearsal activities.
- Coordinate development of project deliverables and products.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Directs all activities in support of defined launch communications checks with all participating stakeholders.
- Documents, tracks and provides launch project lessons learned.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Federal government standards and guidelines
- Full Microsoft Office Suite; focus on Excel and MS Project
- Experience working with Sub-contractors
- Strong Analytical skills
- Launch or Mission Operations experience
- SharePoint, NETS, ServiceNow
- Launch or Mission Operations experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.