Leidos are currently looking to hire 4 highly motivate and driven test engineers to join a fast growing programme in Whiteley. Test Engineer will be working on a highly sophisticated and complex suit of application testing their interfaces and responsiveness to other key back end technologies and ensuring the efficiency of an end to end integration. In addition to this the test engineer will be part of a team to help us deliver a large scale systems integration programme that is critical the overall UK infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management. Though experience with Air Traffic Management is not required as on-the-job training will be provided, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate integration test experience, ideally within a large-scale virtualised cloud based infrastructure. Candidate must be eligible to undergo security clearance (SC).
· Create and review test scripts
· Create and review test design
· Working with third party suppliers to ensure requirements coverage.
· Execute Test Cases and supporting data.
· Document test results and defects
· Produce Test Reports and report on interim progress.
· 4 years’ test experience (or 3 years’ experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing).
· Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
· Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
· Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
· Able to understand existing Test Process
· Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
· Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
· Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
· Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
· Working with 3rd party suppliers;
· Good time management and organisational skills – ability to work with minimal supervision
· Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
· Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture;
· DOORS, JIRA, HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
· ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance
· 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
· Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.