Leidos is seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Information Management System Administrator to join the Energy & Environmental Division’s onsite laboratory at the Luckey, Ohio USACE FUSRAP project. The position is for a Laboratory Analyst with focus on IT, LIMS, and laboratory data management. This position will primarily support the Leidos laboratory at the Luckey, Ohio FUSRAP site, with supporting role at other Leidos FUSRAP Laboratories.
- Design, develop, maintain, and manage the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) database application. The position will be responsible for working with a database management system, along with additional tools such as Excel and Access with an emphasis on instrument reporting, developing reports and gathering data.
- Develop instrument reporting process for incorporation of sample data into the LIMS.
- Support user training and advise management on technology changes and improvements that will increase efficiency of laboratory processes.
- Maintain LIMS system backups and oversight of electronic storage of records for the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with minimum of 5 years laboratory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a LIMS system, gathering requirements, capturing data and implementing change request.
- Team player, organized, reliable, conscientious, and dedicated to program support.
- Capable of multitasking, managing resources, and schedules and working several diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work task independently with good time management.
- Experience developing and maintaining LIMS using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) with Visual Basic or C #.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite specifically Access and Excel including Macros.
- Ability to make unanticipated changes to production deliverables with short notice as required.
- TSQL and/or SQL database language experience, specifically SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Technical experience with databases and user support.
- Strong analytical skills associate with laboratory sample analysis.
- Experience in setting up networks including but not limited to internet connectivity, maintenance of switches and networking equipment.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for an information system.
Physical Requirements: Must pass a beryllium lymphocyte proliferation test (BeLPT) prior to start.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.