Are you ready for your next career challenge?...
We are seeking a motivated Procurement Officer who is a self-starter and who can work independently as part of a team in a dynamic environment. Under limited supervision, you will bring your procurement experience into the Procurement team and will be responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle –proposal, administration, compliance and risk management of supplier contracts across the UK business
Acquisitions will be in support of civil and defence new business proposals and current programmes. You will be required to work with suppliers to support the UK business whilst following the procurement processes and procedures.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Negotiates acquisitions of materials, software, services, and maintenance and support requirements.
- Applies procurement knowledge to business requirements to support effective procurement approaches.
- Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Leidos requirements.
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses.
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with suppliers.
- Administers orders of various types and complexity.
- Identifies and resolves moderate issues and problems on assigned purchase orders and make recommendations to management.
- Analyse risks and identify risk mitigation
- Acts as primary interface between supplier and the business for all supplier related issues.
- Interacts with stakeholders as required.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with supplier related issues of varying degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Support senior staff and management as directed
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Hold or be able to hold UK SC clearance
- CIPS or studying for CIPS
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of procurements, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organisational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the bid and new business proposal phases of a programme.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- This is a full-time position, although could be suitable for individuals looking for 28+ hours per week
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.