Leidos is working closely with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division, to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines. Leidos is seeking a mid-level Systems Engineer to support a variety of sophisticated acoustic training and simulation systems within the surface ASW community.
The selected candidate will provide support across all systems engineering activities, across the lifecycle of a surface ASW trainer. They will interface with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts (SMEs), information assurance engineers, and other project team members working in an Agile environment. They will be responsible for executing established systems engineering practices to ensure the appropriate degree of process on each project. The selected individual will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary.
For each ASW trainer, the candidate will perform systems requirement analysis of one or more systems to include:
• Perform trade studies, requirement allocation, and interface definitions
• Develop and review model based systems engineering (MBSE) products
• Work with development team to help them understand requirements and implementation
• Work with systems integration and test team for verification and validation of requirements
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, etc.) or Computer Science
• Minimum of 4 years of experience designing and developing large, software intensive, integrated classified systems. Minimum of 3 years of experience designing, developing, and documenting systems utilizing industry best practices and tools (e.g. SysML, Cameo, DOORS). Mininum of 3 years systems engineering experience on a software intensive system
• Experience with one or more of the following: software development, requirements analysis and documentation; software integration support; software test procedures/writing test cases
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Familiarity with sensor technology and signal processing
• Knowledge of ASW
• Degree and/or formal training in Systems Engineering
• Experience with Linux, Agile software development methodologies, and Atlassian project management tools.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.