The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer on our large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to our customer and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
As a Sr. Systems Engineer you will be focused on dataflow engineering relating to deployed customer systems. You will be responsible for setting up, maintaining, validating and troubleshooting all dataflows to/from deployed and test systems, from the field system through customer backend repositories.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
- Bachelors Degree in related Engineering field of study
- Eight (8) to Twelve (12) years related engineering experience
- Engineers must have demonstrated proficiency with NiFi and be familiar with the Customer's dataflow organization.
- Extensive Linux experience to include some systems administration experience
- Python / Perl / Bash: Primarily updates to scripts with occasional requirement for new scripts.
- Experience with Data Mapping
- A Minimum of Five (5) years of systems engineering experience with SIGINT Systems
- A minimum of Three (3) years of experience with functionality and interprocessing of packet and circuit based HW & SW solutions.
- A minimum of Eight (8) years performing and providing technical direction for the development and engineering of HW & SW systems.
- A minimum of Three (3) years experience in a leadership position providing technical supervision to other engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objective, budget and schedule.
Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years experience in four (4) of the following, one of which shall be specialization VIII - Systems Engineering. A BS degree in engineering, telecommunications, or related technical field may be substituted for experience in one specialization.
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Tele-communications System and Networks
- Telephony Switching System
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing / Modulation /Switching Systems
- Packet Switching System
- Systems Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Advanced Protocols
Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years experience in at least four (4) of the following tools:
- Switching and Survey
- Circuit Processing
- Packet Processing
- Filtering & Selection
- Light experience IPgeo (EVILOLIVE)
- Experience with Excel for updates to H/W database
- Light experience with networking
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.