QRC Airborne ISR Division is seeking a Program Manager for an airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (AISR) program. The position is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of AISR capability, actively support contract follow-on initiatives, and proactively lead growth through aggressive business development.
Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for the manned aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and post mission analysis. Operations occur primarily OCONUS, with fielding, sustainment, basing and flight operations occurring from various sites where the program provides airborne ISR support.
The PM for COSInt SA program is responsible for the complex, 3 ½ year contract with a value of $306,252,673.15. The primary objective of the PM to deliver full support of the Saturn Arch (SA) aircraft system with the goals of accomplishing the mission, enhancing safety, and providing airworthiness certification and configuration management. Full support includes the following efforts.The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the team maximizes mission results, ensures safety of personnel and equipment, and maintains accountability to U.S. government for personnel and property. Heavy maintenance and aircraft modifications primarily occur in Bridgewater, VA. When this occurs the Program Manager is responsible for overseeing aircraft repair, engineering, design, modification, integration and ground/flight test of specialized DHC-8 ISR capable aircraft and subsystems. The Program Manager reports directly to the Director of Programs and maintains direct liaison with Government and Military representatives.
- Providing full operational support for Government Owned and Contractor Operated (GOCO) DHC-8-315 deployed aircraft systems and System Test Training Aircraft (STTA) King Air A90 system used for testing support.
- Furnish equipment, personnel, and infrastructure to operate, manage, service, maintain, and sustain the deployed SA aircraft systems.
- Support for continued sensor development, testing, integration, training, and return to service of repaired and upgraded sensors.
- Support platform integration and modification to abate obsolescence and accomplish technology refresh for enhanced interoperability in an open architecture system environment.
- Continued development, upgrade, update, integration testing, and application of new technologies for the SA aircraft System of Systems and components.
- Support operational deployed site/beddown operations and flight requirements in support of Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) with GOCO DHC-8-315 SA aircraft systems.
- The goals of the PM are accomplishing the mission, enhancing safety, and providing airworthiness certification and configuration management.
- Responsible for working with operations management, financial support staff, and contracts/subcontracts officers in managing a large CPFF contract.
- Leads team of direct-report employees, subcontractor employees, and employees assigned from functional directors in execution of the program’s contract tasks.
- Coordinates proposal responses, business plans, and work statements. Liaises with the customer for all program business and financial related activities.
- Development and presentation of Internal Program Reviews (IPRs)
Day to Day activities also include:
- Oversees customer interactions, program budget, spend plans, integrated master schedule and subcontractor performance.
- Serves as the primary customer interface and primary interface to senior management.
- Manages operational systems and aircraft; ensures flight standards and regulatory compliance are enforced.
- Ensures contract-mandated performance is met and compliance with Performance Work Statement.
- Deliver CDRLs and other deliverables within required deadlines.
- Ensures safety of flight, maintenance, and ground operations; provides reports and updates to Government Program Office; maintains oversight of staff and equipment; monitors and tracks flight status; assesses and mitigates risk; ensures necessary procedures are in place; assists in auditing program for compliance with Government requirements.
- Proven civilian and/or military leadership experience managing large programs with diverse locations and 30+ personnel.
- Should have project experience working on projects and programs in positions of increasing responsibility, with substantive experience in management and supervision of military AISR operations.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience or a master’s degree and six (6) years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active secret security clearance
- Possesses ability to manage complex, strategic projects and programs that span organizational boundaries as well as select, recruit, mentor, train and promote key team members.
- Willingness to relocate and reside in the Shenandoah Valley within commuting distance of Bridgewater, VA.
- Possesses strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills to be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Able to obtain a passport to travel internationally; willing to travel for long periods of time.
- Willing to fly in aircraft for extended times and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations.
- Able to successfully accomplish CONUS Replacement Center course (requires a deployment physical, immunizations and training).
- Experienced in managing airborne ISR system development, testing, operations and sustainment.
- Pilot, Mission Crew, Business or Engineering background
- Experience ensuring quality of aircraft/aircraft products to include meeting overhaul and modification deadlines while satisfying DCMA compliance.
- Managing schedule execution and providing technical guidance for on-time aircraft/product delivery to the Government.
- Three (3) years management and supervision of substantive military hardware/software development.
- Experienced with Microsoft Project Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Working knowledge of government/regulatory compliance (DCMA 8210.1C, AR 95-1, AR 95-20.
- Current PMP Certification
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.