Senior leader responsible for the operational cybersecurity of the Leidos global computing environment including the Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Center, enterprise vulnerability management, security capability development and perimeter operations (cloud and on-premise), Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) integrations, threat intelligence and correlation, and threat hunting. Accountable for the recruitment, development, and retention of a world-class cybersecurity operations team.
***This role will require travel for customer, Team, and Training meetings***
- Develop and enhance an information security management framework based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NSIT 800-171 (DFARs -7012), AIA NAS 9933, and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001 standards to integrate and
normalize the wide variety and ever-changing requirements resulting from laws, standards and regulations.
- Develop the metrics and reporting framework to provide status of the information security operations program to the CISO, enterprise risk teams, senior business leaders, and when required to the Leidos Executive Leadership Team and/or Board of Directors. Drive continuous improvement in maturity and operational resiliency and implement approved/funded new technology enhancements for cybersecurity operations.
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats, advising relevant stakeholders, and coordinating with industry peer groups, Information Sharing and Analysis Centers, external agencies (such as regulatory and law enforcement), and other advisory bodies, to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture.
- Partner with the CIO Services functional senior leaders as well as Corporate and Group leadership to operationalize Corporate Information Security policies, procedures, and risk directives across the global computing environment.
- Develop and maintain technical and process roadmaps for all operational services and capabilities with appropriate test plans
- Develop operational metrics and drive continuous improvement in maturity and capability as well as leading implementation of
- Mentor and train cyber operations staff and new hires, manage staffing levels and performance
- Assist in strategic growth and with scoping prospective engagements and developing proposals (where appropriate and tactically aligned)
Bachelor's degree with minimum 15 years of experience relevant to Information Technology and Cybersecurity.
- US Citizenship with an active SECRET clearance is required, but must be able to obtain and sustain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must have demonstrated track record of competency with experience including cybersecurity, information security
technologies, risk management, and IT.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL,
NIST, and an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements such as DFARs, Health Insurance Portability
and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the EU General Data Protection Requirements.
- Experience planning and executing structured project management lifecycles and processes.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate information security and risk-related concepts effectively to both technical and
non-technical audiences is essential.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently in
high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must have strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Must be a Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP).
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
- Information security experience as a DoD and/or Intelligence Community employee or contractor.
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud-based information protection.
- Led a diverse and capable cybersecurity incident response team facing nation-state threat actors.
- Actively engaged with the ND-ISAC (or related industry ISAC).
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.