We are looking for a FULFILLMENT LEADER to work with our expert team of logistics employees across the world. Ensuring customer orders are processed and delivered on time.
Responsibilities include coaching and managing associates to high-performance standards and recognizing individual and team success. The Order Fulfillment Lead works directly with the department managers in the pursuit of operational excellence and the operations all-around success.
A key player of the SD&A team, the Fulfillment Coordinator Lead has strong problem- solving and task-management capabilities. Thrive in a fast-paced environment; provide critical support in achieving the team’s goals of accurate product fulfillment, close relationships with our 3PL vendors, shipping carrier accuracy, and generally improving our customer experience through efficiency.
Order Fulfillment Lead is efficient at organizing the team to drive multiple tasks and staying on deadline, building relationships with outside vendors as well as team members, and be comfortable doing this without ongoing direct supervision. Proactively generate ideas and identify opportunities for improvement. Place a high value on accuracy and take special care to double check work.
- Participate and lead process improvements and initiatives in overall order management process by recommending and implementing specific improvements to work processes based on feedback collected from different internal and external partners.
- Deep-dive and root cause deviations in warehouse and logistics processes impacting on time fulfilment and drive corrective actions.
- Participate and lead operating mechanisms with logistics operations and customer service teams for order execution.
- Knowledge of on time deliveries to our customers
- Collaborate with Order management, logistics operations, planning operations and trade teams on managing shipment deadlines.
- Lead & Manage the effort of ensuring a comprehensive approach to identify, manage, monitor, and control fulfilment risks.
- Lead and manage inventory on-hand, not shipped from the 3PL’s and Distribution centers.
- Review Ship dates and past due Ship dates with relevant stakeholders for customer order fulfillment.
- Knowledge of Cost Point, Sales Force and Microsoft Suite
- Prepare & Report out on analysis business & fulfilment reviews and drive solutions for the distribution of products.
- Follow up and ensure priority / same day orders have been completed and moved to the shipping department.
- Troubleshoot and help resolve order issues and communicate to the appropriate teams when system changes are needed.
- Understand and follow compliance guides ensuring adherence.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- BA and 4 plus years of experience or 8 plus years of experience with no degree. Work experience in Service Operations and Order Fulfillment environment.
- Data entry skills, experience, and knowledge of using a computer and keyboarding are required.
- Ability to direct, coach, support, and delegate and maintain morale.
- Quick learner with a willingness to ask appropriate questions as needed.
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and experience with multiple ERP and CRMs.
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organization skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to always maintain an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Exposure to manufacturing or distribution industries
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.