The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Data Scientist in Bethesda, MD
- Provide artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing and data analytics support for peer review.
- Perform scientific domain analysis and prediction using ML, large scale clustering
- Explore algorithms that involve topic modeling and clustering, and test their scalability on massively big data.
- Work on free text data and incremental automated processes to facilitate federal scientific resource allocation procedures.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data analysts, and other scientific officers on NIH businesses and research.
- Perform large and complex data sets analysis, conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent. Master’s degree in Bioinformatics or data science preferred. Minimum 7 years of experience in relevant field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
Required Qualifications: -
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages such as R, Python, Pearl, C++
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets, performing predictive analytics such as machine learning and data mining.
- Experience with analyzing large and complex data sets, with strong aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience with the application of bioinformatics and statistical tools and the analysis
- Has the ability to utilize advance tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
- Experience with handling large data sets, generate predictive regression models (logistic and multivariate) and apply machine learning algorithm such as random forest, elastic net.
- Experience with developing machine learning algorithms for object detection and recognition, large-scale indexing and retrieval and multimedia understanding
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical customers
- Experience with Cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure.
- Experience with various bioinformatics databases and tools.
- Previous experience working with NIH
- Strong knowledge of NIH grants management processes and systems
- Knowledge of NIH peer review process
Requires the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.