Leidos is seeking an experienced inorganic chemist to join the Energy & Environmental Division’s onsite laboratory in Luckey, Ohio, supporting the United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) project. This position will require the use of a variety of methods and instrumentation to support environmental remediation work. This position will support the onsite lab metals analysis program including AIHA accreditation and DoD ELAP accreditation. This position will also assist with data analysis and review, preparing and reviewing data packages and reports, instrument maintenance and repair, training new lab analysts, and limited oversight responsibilities.
- Responsible for all facets of ICP-MS operation for trace metals analysis. This includes initial instrument set up, verification, tuning, calibration, data analysis, maintenance, and troubleshooting and repair.
- Responsible for ensuring that ICP-MS operation adheres to AIHA, DoD ELAP accreditation requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Responsible for performing sample preparation and metals digestions procedures according to SOP’s.
- Prepare, maintain, and review SOP’s for metals analysis, radiochemistry separations, sample preparation, and data package assembly and review.
- Interface with Laboratory management and Project Chemist when required.
- Oversight of all in-house samples from receipt to disposal including proper archiving.
- Interfacing with AIHA and DoD ELAP accreditation bodies during annual assessments and audits.
- Performing all aspects of inorganic lab analyst work including, but not limited to, sample receipt and check in, sample preparation, inorganic digestions, and wet chemistry.
- BS degree or higher in Chemistry or related field and at least 2 years of experience in an environmental laboratory
- Experience with ICP-MS analysis for beryllium using EPA 6020B is required
- Experience with DoD Quality System Manual, EPA methods and AIHA accreditation requirements
- Experience with air/soil/water sample digestion techniques
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of radiochemistry including chemical separation techniques is preferred
- Experience with gamma and alpha spectroscopy as well as Gross Alpha/Beta counting is preferred
- Advanced instrument troubleshooting and repair including internal electronics is preferred
- Experience with sample management is preferred
- Knowledgeable of computer software programs including Microsoft Office, Agilent MassHunter and Mirion Apex software
- Beryllium worker training
Position Specific Physical Requirements: Must pass a blood beryllium lymphocyte proliferation test (BeLPT) prior to start
Training Requirements: OSHA 40-hr Hazwoper, Radworker II, and Beryllium worker training required prior to start
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.