Climate Change and Sustainability Lead
Are you ready for your next career challenge?...
Leidos Europe has an opportunity for an experienced Climate Change and Sustainability Lead to manage the climate change and sustainability agenda for the Logistics Commodities Services Transformation (LCST) programme.
The successful candidate will have experience with sustainability and circular economy initiatives and driving improvement activities in a programme setting, ideally with experience of relevant MOD and UK Government policies and procedures.
You will be a proactive agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for climate change and sustainability, and be self-motivated. You will also utilise knowledge and experience of the political, economic, social, technological, legislative and environmental context to develop a Climate Change and Sustainability Road map to support the MOD target of a Net Zero Estate.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
Leidos Europe is committed to supporting the MOD target of achieving a Net Zero Estate by 2040. To achieve this the Climate Change and Sustainability Lead will:
- Support the division by providing specialised knowledge and leadership to the division.
- Develop a Climate Change and Sustainability Road map that supports the MOD target of achieving a Net Zero Estate by 2040.
- Work with the leadership to develop a Circular Economy Improvement plan to reduce the impact from procurement and inventory management decision and support Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Highlight Climate Change and Sustainability areas for improvement to enable the division to improve delivery, customer satisfaction, employee engagement and develop growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement transformation projects focusing on requirements such as Net Zero Carbon and other emissions reduction schemes.
- Undertake reporting against Government schemes such as Climate Change Agreement (CCA) SECR and ESOS reporting.
- Develop and implement internal and customer communications and reporting, with relevant KPI’s and carry out a gap analysis to highlight additional data and reporting requirements.
- Inform leadership with up to date knowledge of legislation and policy surrounding GHG emissions, climate change and other relevant environmental regulations.
- Manage internal & external stakeholders at a senior level in support of delivery of Sustainability initiatives.
- Support the overall Leidos Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
The Climate Change and Sustainability Lead will:
- Provide high quality and timely advise to the leadership in their area of expertise
- Lead assigned engagements/projects to improve environmental sustainability, enabling the development of sustainability road map and procedures
- Communicate the vision and roadmap for climate change and sustainability
- Develop & review sustainability processes to improve reporting, customer satisfaction & financial benefit where possible
- Support the implementation of appropriate delivery and assurance governance in sustainability across both Leidos and sub-contractors
- Establish quarterly metrics and monitor and report progress against transformation projects, including monitoring progress of achieving the annual KPI targets
- Coordinate/collaborate with the MOD, Leidos and subcontractor personnel for identifying, reviewing and validating the effectiveness of sustainability activities
- Act as an early adopter/leader of change initiatives and improvements in Sustainability
- Act as the key point of contact for all issues related to Environment and Sustainability
- Delivering training as needed to support quality awareness
- Act as CSR Lead and focal for the programme
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Ability to acquire and maintain a UK security clearance (BPSS)
- Knowledge and experience of the political, economic, social, technological, legislative and environmental landscape
- Strong communication and writing skills with emphasis on communications with MOD customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Knowledge of ISO140001, ISO 150001 and ISO 14064
- Proven analytic skills and data management, including experience collecting and analysing metrics.
- Experience of GHG assessments and development of emissions and reduction planning
- Experience in logistics, infrastructure and/or real estate
- Strong communication and writing skills with emphasis on communications with MOD customers and third-party stakeholders
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project), SharePoint, QA applications and databases
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
You Might Also Have:
- Bachelors or Masters in relevant field for example Environmental Science or Sustainability
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.