The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Data Engineer, to play important role with the design, engineering, development and deployment of ETL pipelines for our portfolio of Advanced Analytics programs, including but not limited to the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P). The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that provides cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Our Data Engineer will be part of the team that designs and implements the DOMEX data layer as well as collaborates with other Agile teams to create and enhance data ingestion pipelines to address Big Data challenges.
Fun stuff you will be doing:
• Provide Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) experience coupled with enterprise search capabilities to solve Big Data challenges
• Perform data profiling of new data sources to discover metadata and identify anomalies
• Design and implement high-volume data ingestion and streaming pipelines using Open-Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Flink, NiFi, and Kafka on AWS Cloud
• Leverage strategic and analytical skills to understand and solve customer and business centric questions
• Perform CI/CD and DevOps
This is you:
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 2 years of relevant experience
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph
• Fluent with Python and preferably one other development language
• Experience performing ETL processes, designing data infrastructure and optimizing performance
• Significant experience working in a Linux environment
• Experience with building microservices in Python
• Experience with big-data tools, e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and NiFi
• Experience transforming data in various formats, including JSON, XML, CSV, and zipped files
• Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Expertise in data profiling techniques and understanding the content from both a data quality and business perspective
• Working knowledge on containers and Kubernetes (K8S)
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.