Leidos is seeking a System Engineer Lead to provide support to the Department of Transportation's Enterprise IT Infrastructure environment. Our work will assist with the management of IT services for the Chief Information Officer (CIO) including: Service Desk, Incident Management, Customer Service Operations, Database Administration, Telephone & Conference Call Services, Desktop Support, Mobile Device Support, and Remote Access Support.
Responsible for leading and managing the service delivery of server and system operations, to include engineers supporting Microsoft, Unix, Linux, and Solaris operating systems. Manages multi-discipline technical teams, providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 level troubleshooting, incident response, root cause analysis, risk analysis and management, and IT service improvement.
Responsibilities include account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other system administration related functions.
Manage and support:
- Installation, administration, and maintenance of Windows servers, workstations, laptops as part of the overall systems architecture across multiple networks and locations.
- Installation, administrations and maintenance of virtual environments and physical hosts and storage devices.
- Administrations of Active Directory, Domain Controller, Terminal Server and Exchange services.
- Apply security patches and updates for all assigned systems
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Utilize manual checks, GUI-based, and command line tools (PowerShell) to troubleshoot and remediate basic to complex systems hardware, software, and configuration issues.
- Collect, review, and store server log files to identify and remediate system issues.
- Manage processes related to the infrastructure.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers and clearly communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity of, and configure network and storage components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and COOP plans, systems, and operations.
- Document system configurations and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians and administrators, and assists Service Desk technicians as needed with Tier I and Tier II troubleshooting
- Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience with systems administration, including 8 years of leading and managing system and server administration services.
- Must have experience managing multi-discipline server and system operation teams.
- Must have extensive knowledge of multi-vendor server operating systems.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.