Leidos Corporate Information Security (CIS) has an opening for a Business Information Security Officer (BISO) to support our Dynetics business. In this role the successful candidate will represent CIS interests to their assigned areas of responsibility as well as advocating on behalf of their customers for improvements in secure business operations. This “inside out” position will include executing two primary roles. This role will drive the execution of information security policy and cyber risk management activities in their area of responsibility including all CIS processes and strategic/tactical security improvement initiatives. They may be called upon to support liaison requirements during security incidents. Additionally this position will be responsible to support marketing, business capture and program support requirements requested of CIS. This is an exciting role providing both opportunity to demonstrate excellence in supporting the business while also exhibiting expertise delivering internal cyber security support services..
- Provide senior leadership to Leidos Dynetics group for the implementation of Leidos information security policy, procedures, and standards throughout their business.
- Direct the execution of all Leidos security processes to support business objectives; work between CIS and Group to ensure documentation completeness and quality of engineering work.
- Governor of cyber risk consistent with delegated authority.
- Proactively identify information security deficiencies or opportunities for improvement to better enable business security. Facilitate the development of pragmatic solutions across Corporate Information Security.
- Provide communication or escalation path for information security issues identified by Corporate Information Security or the Groups themselves.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on the information security status across the supported business groups.
- Support acquisition due diligence for information security risks and support control design for integration.
- Participate in Group reporting requirements, monthly/quarterly status meetings and offsites as appropriate.
- Assist Groups in managing and preventing cyber incidents and providing incident coordination as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise on various global cyber threats to Group leadership.
- Facilitate and direct support to business support and growth initiatives including marketing engagements, proposals and short term program support in all areas of cyber defense.
- 15 to 20 years plus of experience relevant to the requirements of the role.
- Direct experience with Dynetics core markets or transferrable experience with other US government markets
- A thorough understanding of security requirements associated with doing work with various agencies such as DOD, NASA, US Army, US Air Force, US Space Force, etc.
- Understanding of risks associated with the delivery of solutions and services such as strike systems, unmanned systems, weapons technology, radars and sensors, space, hypersonics and directed energy.
- Ability to evaluate the cyber risk of technical solutions through the analysis of architectural documents
- Active US security clearance
- Experience supporting US government or equivalent proposals
- Experience in research and development.
- Experience in non-US International markets
- Experience with systems engineering, system/software development and SecDevOps
- Experience designing, deploying and/or maintaining information security technologies
- Experience in governance, risk, and compliance functions including assessing compliance with regulatory frameworks, maintaining a risk register, and writing security policy or terms
- Active US TS/SCI clearance
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.