Leidos has an opening for Enterprise Software Specialist. This opening is a will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations This position will be a hands-on position to build, configure and administer the programs’ suite of operational software on target PC and server platforms
Responsible for building, configuring, integrating, unit testing, and making operational software applications supporting the deployment of systems prior to shipment to the site.. The responsibility includes taking direction and tasking the Software Applications Manager to implement the various software related configuration, build, remediation and deployment tasking’s.
Primary duties include:
- Being proficient about building, integrating and support deployment of MS Operating Systems for PCs/servers and application installation and configuration
- Provide support as a Help Desk Tier 2 SME when requested to resolve complex software and application issues in the field or in the system lab.
- Responsible for the tracking of orders to ensure deadlines are met and status is provided to Software Application Manager.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the build team to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Responsible to for safe storage and use of images for the various system components.
- Provide updates to the Monthly scheduling process enabled by the Master Scheduler
- Provide updates to the program Help Desk Tier 1 personnel on the status of trouble tickets that are assigned.
- Generate various reports as needed
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Must have a desire to learn and work within a team environment and have at least four (4) years of experience with MS operating systems for PC’s and servers.
- Experience and knowledge of large IT programs & ability to work firsthand with customers.
- Experience in handing PII for commercial and Government customers
Knowledge & Experience:
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Experience with Active Directory: users, groups, privileges, group policies, site configuration, etc..
- Basic knowledge and understanding of TCPIP and fundamental networking
- Hands-on experience with Server Hardware Configuration
- Hands-on experience with Server Backup and Recovery procedures
- Hands-on experience with Patching, scanning and STIG compliance of servers
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.