Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents to solve the most challenging technical problems.
Are you ready to make an impact?
We are in search of a Solution Architect who will be responsible for architecting an IT fleet management solution design using commercial fleet management, supply chain management, ERP, business intelligence, web portal and existing UK MOD IT capabilities.
This is a Fixed Term Contract (FTC) opportunity until end of March 2022
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
This role will assure that the solution architecture can meet the key project functional and non-functional requirements identified for a UK MOD fleet management programme.
The Logistics IT Solutions Architect will provide support on a variety of design decisions including solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build vs reuse questions, early-phase project estimates, platform selection and technical designs. Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and frameworks including technical, security, and regulatory standards. Supports customer and stakeholder meetings and technical discussions.
The Solution Architect will lead the solution development for the project; through initial high-level technical design, into the detailed design phase, through the development lifecycle and into sustainment of the solution. Responsible for developing basis of estimates for the equipment, software and personnel resources required throughout the project’s lifecycle.
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Previous experience as a Solutions Architect on large customer projects, government customer experience preferred.
- Experience architecting Fleet Management, and complex multi-stakeholder logistics/ supply chain management solutions using modern commercial solutions i.e. WMS – Warehouse Management System, TMS – Transport Management System, Sterling OMS – Order Management System, ERP, ESB, Procurement, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, etc.), within a government customer environment
- Experience managing Application Architecture and/or Integration architectural development at an enterprise level including knowledge of application integration concepts and technologies e.g. SOA, ESBs, EAI, XML, Web Services, E-Catalogue Solutions and Identity Management
- IBM Sterling OMS Functional and Technical Solution Architecture experience would be preferable
- Cloud Migration - Experience in Cloud Migration (Transformation) would be preferable e.g., Migration from On-premise to AWS
- Experience working collaboratively to develop a complex IT solution
- Strong consulting, leading and mentoring skills along with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Broad knowledge of and experience with a wide variety of application technologies, platforms, and tools including web-based systems, databases, middleware/integration technologies, security, and infrastructure.
- Experience with Corporate back-end systems (i.e. Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Human Resource systems, etc.)
- Experience working in a CMMI level 3 environment
- Experience in TAGAF/MODAF is desirable
- Experience writing proposals
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Support requires frequent, and extended, travel to UK with the possibility of 1 year commitment in UK for program start-up
You might also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, related experience or advanced degree in related technical field
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
This role is primarily based in Bristol, however it can be based remotely with occasional travel to the Bristol office.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.