As a Systems Administrator on the RECON project, you’ll constantly look for ways to make the infrastructure better using the latest technology and the best implementation strategies. You’ll analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network and combine your technical experience with communication skills as you turn metrics into information and communicate their meaning. You’ll install and set up Linux systems and servers for organization-wide deployments, analyze and resolve problems associated with the operating systems servers, hardware, applications, and software, monitor systems performance, and ensure compliance with security standards. You’ll provide technical support and advice to other engineering groups and guide and direct junior personnel on setup and performance. We focus on growing as a team, so we’ll share techniques, work through challenges, and develop new methodologies together. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve systems within the IC.
The selected candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of experience in systems administration OR Master’s degree and 9+ years of experience in systems administration (add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Knowledge of File Storage, including NFS/CIFS, Samba, DASD Fiber/SAS, 3PAR, and DDN
- 9+ years of experience in virtual environments and agency unique hardware
- Experience with maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting digital system environments, including Linux and Windows
- Experience in Operating System (OS)-level scripting and system logs, tools, and monitoring functions
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows OS-level commands
- Knowledge of networking protocols and architectures
- Knowledge of configuration management and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of CentOS 7, Ansible, and VMWare
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security, or GSEC Certification
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.