The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Java Developer with Struts 2 / Spring in Baltimore, MD.
The Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review)
Leidos delivers services and technical leadership for mission-critical federal government, public sector and private sector programs. This opportunity is within our Health organization supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration.
The opportunity is located in Baltimore, on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd.
- Required Skills:
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java 1.8 and above.
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts 2, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC.
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Spring Rest API, Spring Core, and Spring Data JPA.
- Experience using AWS - EC2,Lambda,S3,RDS,DynoDB,Cloud Watch, Route 53, IAM,ECS
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Dyna Trace and Introscope.
- Experience working with Messaging Queues (JMS).
- Basic knowledge of Open Shift.
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Day to Day Duties
- Candidate will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. The candidate will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
- Candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
- The position will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 12 years of relevant professional experience
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.