Leidos has ongoing needs for Mid & Senior Java Developers for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. As our Java Developer you will develop and maintain the high-performing Java applications with your extensive experience in Java, Spring Boot and Angular.
- You will have prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems.
- You will develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools.
- You will also be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- You will leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing etc.)
- You will participate in daily scrum and provide updates.
- Bachelor's degree plus 4+ years' prior relevant experience
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring MVC or Struts & Spring Boot
- Good understanding of Hibernate, JPA and JDBC
- Good understanding of OOPS, Twelve Factor Application Design principles, architecture styles and APIs (Web API/Rest API)
- Develop applications using Java/Spring Boot and design and develop database components using PostgreSQL DB or Oracle as needed for application.
- Work in DevOps Environment.
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3),BDD (Cucumber or similar)
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Excellent communication and written skills
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.