Leidos has an opportunity for Sr. Manager, Inventory Management in support of the Security Detection & Automation Operation in Tewksbury MA. The Sr. Manager oversees the execution of global inventory control processes, and relationships with third-party partners. Directly responsible for internal and contracted warehouses, the Sr. Manager will also lead a team of 10+ employees. Key tasks are accomplished through the development and analysis of Key Performance Indicator (KPIs), decisive action/remediation plans, development of improvement opportunities and regular engagement with subordinates, peers and internal customers.
- Leads Inventory Management personnel
- Develop and monitors standard metrics for inventory accountability including inventory loss tolerances and improvement targets
- Supports operations with inventory control troubleshooting including review and resolution of IT service tickets
- Reviews and approves ERP system access controls for Warehousing operations
- Auditing - internal and external audit support; work with audit teams on resolving any audit findings; coordinates/supervises external site audits; provides reports/data to auditors; performs training for sites prior to audits
- Works cross functionally with IT to support Supply Chain initiatives
- Manages process standardization and standard work instructions for all inventory processes
- Supports M&A integration and inventory control area divestitures
- Facilitates system quiet periods and system cut over activities with operations
- Field training of Warehousing personnel and facility managers on SOX controls and processes
- Cycle counting and physical inventory improvement projects
- Identifies and implements continuous process improvement opportunities and serve as a change champion for inventory controls and flow of goods
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Data entry skills, experience, and knowledge of using a computer and keyboarding are required
- Ability to direct, coach, support, and delegate and maintain morale
- Quick learner with a willingness to ask appropriate questions as needed
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and experience with multiple ERP and CRMs
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organization skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to always maintain an upbeat and positive attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Exposure to manufacturing or distribution industries
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.