The Leidos Business Development team for our Intelligence Group has an opening for a Senior Business Development Professional.
This role will assist in accelerating business growth with key customers by linking Leidos technology and people offerings to customer needs. Candidates must be comfortable and competent in their ability to communicate with senior executives regarding all aspects of the business and opportunities we are pursuing.
The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Strategy and Operations. However, will support Intel Group Operations with customer shaping activities.
- This position will help identify and articulate Leidos differentiators for growth areas and those specific to opportunities and procurements.
- This position will assist our operations by helping to shape procurements, sole sources, and on-contract growth through white papers, RFIs, growth campaigns, etc.
- This position will work with Operation SVPs, BD VPs, and Capture Managers to translate our offerings into customer value early-on in the business development cycle.
This position will help the customer understand Leidos value in achieving their requirements by translating Leidos capabilities into solutions and offerings to the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 1+ years of prior relevant experience
- National Security, specifically IC, experience
- Must have FBI and DHS experience as well. In general, experience across multiple customers a plus.
- The candidate should have strong familiarity with the intelligence cycle, intelligence operations, intelligence analysis, and the roles various agencies play, etc.
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Expert knowledge and application of online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI
- A proactive approach, ability to adjust to changing requirements and fast turn taskers, plus attention to detail
- A positive attitude, professional demeanor and unparalleled subject matter expertise in identifying new opportunities and building business.
- Current and compelling customer and industry relationships.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.