Leidos has an immediate opening for a Software Developer who is interested in working with Splunk and joining a team of System, Network and Mechanical Engineers to maintain a remote mission critical system.
In this role, you will administering a distributed Splunk environment which is used to provide Operational Intelligence to administrators, operators, subject matter experts, and program management. You will support the visualization development lifecycle from requirement gathering, data correlation, end user dashboard development, Splunk App integration and configuration, and deliver dashboards that provide actionable data. You will also be responsible for on-boarding new data sources into Splunk through custom Bash/Perl/Python scripts. Previous Splunk experience is not necessarily needed, but you must have the self-starter attitude and ability to bring yourself up to speed through provided Splunk training and documentation. This is a unique opportunity offering remote work as well as flexibility in the office while maintaining your clearance.
- Build, implement, and administer Splunk in Linux and Windows environments
- Develop, customize, and configure Splunk apps and dashboards
- Create custom Python, Perl, or Bash scripts that integrate with external systems
- On-board new data sources in Splunk
- Develop advanced data visualization dashboards
- Perform routine health checks, maintenance tasks, update, upgrade, and implement new capabilities
- Troubleshoot any Splunk platform and application issues, escalate the issue and work with Splunk support to resolve issues
- Develop complex queries using Splunk Query Language for use in advanced dashboards and custom Splunk applications
- Develop scripts for automatic deployment and maintenance activities
- Provide developer expertise to other team members and assisting in the maintenance of the other technologies used on the program
- Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience in Computer Science, System Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with a poly
- Must be a US citizen
- Splunk experience is not required, but preferred
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases, and experience in developing complex queries
- Strong Linux administration skills, and comfortable with editing and maintaining configuration files within a Linux production environment
- Experience with HTML, XML, and CSS
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- Excitement for learning new technologies
- Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively. Must be able to use Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint effectively
- Working knowledge of change & configuration management
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with developing Splunk Dashboards and Technical Add-ons
- Familiarity with the deployment and design of distributed systems
- Experience with data ingestion, data reduction, and data analysis techniques
- Experience with integrating with external REST APIs
- Experience with SNMP traps and queries
- Experience using statistical and ML techniques for data analysis (e.g. trend analysis, anomaly detection, classification, regression, clustering)
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.