The Transportation and Financial Solutions Division is looking for a GIS Analyst to join the DC Curbside Asset Management project team. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the project GIS database.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Entering and reviewing data within the GIS database, ensuring user data integrity, maintaining database support tools, and recovery and back-up procedures.
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to construction drawings, digital survey data, and imagery.
- Updating source and source catalogs and information.
- Data Conversion/migration.
- Script writing / generation to improve efficiency of the production process.
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members.
- Making recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent; and have a minimum of 4+ years hands-on experience in a database developer role.
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications.
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features.
- Proficient with programming languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL) and/or Python.
- Knowledge of CityWorks platform and Tableau Analytic software.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.