Leidos's Corporate Operational Accounting team is seeking a transformational leader to help shape the future success of the Corporate Controller organization and our rapidly growing Company. The Director will lead a group of talented accounting professionals with the monthly close process, financial reporting deliverables, special projects, and be the visionary leader to identify automation and streamlining opportunities. The Director will have exciting opportunities to collaborate with other teams including Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, Government Compliance, among many others. The Director will report to the VP of Accounting & Business Operations and will have future opportunities to grow within the organization and across the enterprise. The highly visible position will communicate and present often to the Controller and Assistant Controller.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the operations of U.S. Operational Accounting functions such as inventory, leases, accruals, compensation accounting, cost allocations, monthly close entries, assets, balance sheet analysis, etc.
- Able to manage, mentor and motivate a team who is primarily remote and spread across the country. The team is over 55 professionals with varying educational backgrounds and experiences
- Oversee key financial reporting deliverables including roll-forwards of leases and inventory, debt schedules
- Proactively collaborate with Corporate and Group Finance to identify significant transactions and surface accounting issues on a timely basis
- Provide the Accounting and Finance team guidance on monthly close entries, estimates, and various analysis
- Manage successful quarterly meetings such as Group Finance Reserves, Balance Sheet Fluctuation Analysis, Disclosure Committee process, etc.
- Identify and address risk areas while also improving effectiveness of analytics, internal controls and procedures
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate procedures to reduce manual efforts, improve accounting schedules, and empower team to surface inefficiencies
- Ensure success of BOT implementation and identify specific areas or organizational structure optimization
- Assess the team for accounting development opportunities, trainings, mentorships and share best practices from past experiences and current trends
- Develop the Operational Accounting team strategy, structure, and communicate a vision to the team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with at least 12 years of related experience or Masters of Accounting with at least 10 years of experience
- Geographically located near one of our Accounting hub locations in Tucson - AZ, Knoxville - TN, Huntsville - AL, or Reston- VA
- CPA license and currently up to speed on changes within the profession
- Experience managing a team of accounting professionals at various levels of experience and demonstrated ability to develop skills, talent and team morale
- Knowledgeable of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including ASC 842 Leases, ASC 330 Inventory, ASC 606 Revenue and other relevant pronouncements for a publicly traded company
- Manufacturing inventory accounting experience
- Experience with accounting for acquisition, integrations and other large corporate efforts
- Polished communication skills with past experience presenting to executive leadership teams
- Past experience with Government contracting, experience with publicly traded companies, and/or public accounting experience in the audit arena
- Must be eager to work additional hours over the course of the year for the monthly close, time sensitive deadlines, and going above and beyond to meet transformational goals
- Past experience developing relationship to become a trusted partner with the business. Highly adept at collaborating and influencing others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Experience with an advanced ERP module such as Deltek Costpoint, SAP, Oracle, etc.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.