The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Java Spring Boot API Developer in Baltimore, MD. The candidate will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. Our Senior Java Developer will also apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts. The candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities. In this position, the candidate will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities. This role is not a telework position.
The opportunity is located in Baltimore, on the west side of town near 695, Route 26, and Security Blvd. You will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, MD. You must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
- Server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE 6 and up, Spring/SpringBoot, Jax-WS and JAX-RS Webservice development, Apache OpenJPA or similar, EJB 3.0, common frameworks such as Maven, JUnit, Log4J, Mockito.
- RESTful API, SOAP APIs development.
- 1 Year minimum API Management tools like WebMethod or Google APIGEE.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, Spring JDBC)
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine, TSLint)
- Usability and Section 508 principles,
- SQL development for IBM DB2,
- WebSphere deployment.
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work without technical oversight and to lead and/or supervise a team of specialists.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Strong analytical skills and experience performing fraud related case reviews
- Experience with data analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Data Driven
- Experience working in a scaled agile/scrum environment
- Experience in fraud analysis and case reviews. Ability to understand business process requirements, and capable of translating those requirements into business and technical documentation and specifications.
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Agile development principles and methodology
- Knowledge of SSA system architecture
Day to Day Duties
- Candidate will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. The candidate will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
- Candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
- The position will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities.
- Design and develop key application components as microservices by adapting the Twelve-Factor Application Methodology using Spring Boot, Java and RESTful architecture.
- Design Web Page components that are compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d).
- Use the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus, UCD to version control, build, store artifact, and deploy the software projects.
- Develop unit test cases for every possible Java class with real scenarios using Junit, Mockito and PowerMock frameworks.
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.