The Senior CPSO is responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
• The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Leidos personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD 5220.22-M, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
• The position requires a self-motivated candidate that is capable of working in an independent or team environment with minimal direction.
• The candidate will be required to conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
• The CPSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
• Provide clear guidance to company employees, and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
• Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits &
Self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
• Perform physical, personnel and administrative security responsibilities for multiple SCIFs, which often calls for requests to government security representatives regarding accreditations, personnel actions, AIS transmissions and working with other government facility sponsors to draft co-use agreements and MOUs/MOAs for shared space.
-Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM, other relevant DoD security guidance as well as the Intelligence
Community Directive (ICD) standards
• Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated
• Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers
• Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations
• Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements of the ICD 705 to meet contractual needs
• Ability to manage SAP programs
• Thorough understanding of security databases such as DISS, Scattered Castles, SIMS, etc.
• Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings
and refresher briefings, as appropriate
• Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program
• Strong communications skills, both oral and written
• Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance and be able to meet eligibility requirements for access, as well
as SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a CI polygraph.
• Act as Alternate Facility Security Officer (AFSO) during primary FSO periods of absence
• Excellent writing abilities – author and/or assist with writing local policies and procedures
• Must be willing participate in rotational, after-hours “on-call” facility alarm response; 1-week “on-call”, every 6-8 weeks
• CPSO training certificate
• ICD-705 training completion, and/or practical knowledge of government-contractor facility construction
• IOSS OPSEC Course(s) Completion Experience developing and implementing OPSEC plans
• Experience conducting Counterintelligence interviews
• Courier and transportation plan preparation procedures
• Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
• Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
• Resourceful in solving problem and capitalizing on opportunities
• Professional Certifications/Affiliations
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.