The Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Engineer on the Navy NGEN (Next Generation Enterprise Network) SMIT (Service Management Integration & Transport) program.
SMIT is the O&M and Capability Enhancement contract for the shore-based enterprise network that provides secure net-centric data and service to the Navy & Marine Corps.
This includes: Network services, Boundary DMZ & COI Services, IA Services, testing services, enterprise validation, transition execution, service provisioning, infrastructure sustainment, infrastructure improvement refresh as well as delivery of managed seat services; voice, video, and data services; and desk side support services.
The Quality Engineer will be expected to utilize your experience to conduct detailed process audits, document non-conformances and establish corrective/preventive actions of the SMIT processes and procedures to ensure compliance, efficiency and effectiveness.
Your efforts will help ensure program performance and execution through scheduled internal audits, documenting results and communicating results to leadership.
Your duties will include the auditing and improving of processes and procedures to align with ISO 9001, ISO/EIC 20243-1:2018 and ISO 28000:2007 as well as the execution of established program execution and mission requirements.
This requires an extensive auditing experience and service information technology CMMI life cycle knowledge.
- Ensuring that program execution procedures are implemented in accordance with Leidos (e.g., LP-PE-01, EngineeringEdge ® NextGen) and customer requirements (e.g., FAR 52.246-1 High Level Quality Requirements)
- Ensuring program quality standard implementation to acquire and maintain ISO 9001:2015 certifications and CMMI ML3 Service information technology credentials
- Performing site audits to ensure Leidos policies and procedures, ISO requirements and customer requirements are being satisfied
- Ensuring value-added audits and evaluations are performed against processes, plans and procedures
- Addressing Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through root cause analysis and preventive measures
- Providing the Quality Manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Providing guidance to programs on documenting, analyzing and tracking requirement escapes
- Performing deep dives to analyze program issues/problems and assist the solution architects and technical staff with immediate containment, corrective and preventive actions and lessons learned
- Ensuring suppliers and subcontractors have established quality management systems and operate in accordance with program requirements and flow down quality requirements
- Assisting with improvements to program peer review processes to ensure metric tracking provides value added inputs on trends and areas for improvement
- Technical knowledge to review contract deliverables (CDRLs)
- Supporting the development of strategic quality approaches for witnessing test execution to ensure requirement satisfaction
- Providing inputs to weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as applicable
- Deployment and implementation of appropriate QMS processes
- Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) or more years of prior relevant experience; or Master’s with two (2) or more years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of working development/service project/programs within DoD
- 3+ years of auditing experience
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 and CMMI Service IT requirements
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.