Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer in Laurel, MD.
This unique Systems Security Engineering opportunity will allow you to participate on a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides IT support, systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and 24x7x365 multi-tiered support to mission-focused offices worldwide.
• Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
• Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
• Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
• Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
• Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
• Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
• Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management.
• Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data.
• Interact with the customer and other project team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 4 years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to eighteen (18) years of experience.
• 20 years’ experience as an ISSE with large multi-tiered programs.
• DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required. Must have active CISSP and ISSEP certifications.
• Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance to start the program.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.