The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sr. Database Engineer to work in Laurel, MD. The primary architecture is Windows/MS SQL clusters/databases, including databases supporting Microsoft Identify Manager (MIM) and SharePoint.
- Support the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities
- Support the development of long and short term requirements for database administration and design
- Support the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts
- Translate a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Assist in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Lead development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Lead development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
- Develop requirement recommendations from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems)
- Develop a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Direct the overall database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Direct organization of requirements and data into a usable database schema by directing development of ad hoc queries, scripts, macros, updates to existing queries
- Direct the development of complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of DBE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Twelve (12) years' industry experience
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert - Database (MCSE-DB) Data Platforms or; Microsoft Certified IT Professional - MS SQL Server (Database Developer 2008) or IBM CASA Lotus Notes/Domino (LND)
Helpful additional knowledge:
- Certificate Authority/PKI familiarization/administration
- Application Load Balancers familiarization/administration
- OS patching/scanning familiarization
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.