Leidos is seeking Technical Program Manager/Software Engineer Lead for the HHS NIH Programs that is based out of our Bethesda MD office.
The NIH/HHS portfolio includes programs that provide varied IT services such as, but not limited to software design and development services and COTS based application development; custom and COTS software maintenance support; public website design, development, integration, and maintenance support services; enterprise data warehouse development, and infrastructure and network support services.
The Technical Program Manager/System Engineer Lead must have a background in successfully collaborating with multiple Federal agencies and with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders. The candidate will provide leadership to invigorate technical innovation and learning within the division teams. The candidate must be willing to drive smart change to support a collaborative and innovative culture to provide our customers with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals. The candidate will demonstrate both managerial and technical capabilities and experience, and will have the ability to emerge as a technical strategist and subject matter expert within the Leidos HHS/NIH account.
- Serve as Technical Program Manager (part-time) for a small portfolio of contracts at NIH. In this capacity, the candidate will build relations with the technical customer leadership to understand priorities, provide strategic recommendations, and align Leidos’ on-contract and pursuit approaches to the customer’s needs. The candidate will provide oversight to the Leidos Project Managers and Team Leads for the existing contracts, ensure high-quality, on-time and within budget delivery on each contract, and provide program reporting to the customer and to Leidos leadership.
- Serve as System Engineer Lead (part-time) in support of multiple programs and procurement pursuits, providing thought leadership, strategic planning, evaluation and implementation support in the areas of technology adoption and implementation, technical innovation, emerging technologies and tools, and solution architecture.
- Supervise and manage direct report employees
- Assist in business development and capture efforts
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10+ years of relevant experience min. 5 years’ experience in a technical program manager position and min. 5 years’ experience as a system engineer.
- Ability to envision and design innovative technical architectures (full stack) leveraging best-of-breed IT platforms and products, and supervise the implementation of technical architectures
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization
- Strong technical writing experience, to include development of winning proposal solutions and leading technical section approaches
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the government’s procurement process, IDIQs, BPAs, Task Orders
- PMI PMP Certification
- HHS Experience a plus. NIH experience a big plus.
- Experience leading large IT development programs that apply an agile software development methodology and SecDevOps
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business.
- Experience providing IT solutions in a variety of technologies including Java, PHP Drupal
- Experience with SQL Server and .net
- Experience with Business Intelligence and ESRI GIS tools
- Understanding of Windows and RHEL7 servers and SQL and MySQL (MariaDB) databases
- Experience with COTS and SharePoint products.
- Knowledge of Azure, React.js, MaterialUI, Azure Redhat Openshift (ARO) and AWS.
- Experience in micro services and large data sets (scientific research, COVID) while having the ability to incorporate data driven decisions.
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the HHS/NIH account.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution.
- Experience capturing new accounts / customers through effective marketing tactics.
- Existing positive relationships in the HHS/NIH account base.
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.