The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for a CAD Manager (Support Specialist) to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s Computer Aided Engineering Graphics (CAEG) Program as well as the FAA’s Service Areas across the US.
The CAEG Program Office establishes and maintains the database for all engineering drawings and documents related to NAS facilities, equipment, and systems. It also manages physical hardware assets at 12 distinct locations across the NAS and serves a user community of over 5000 active stakeholders.
The CAEG Program additionally acquires and provides the engineering and data analysis support tools (licensed commercial-off-the-shelf and internally developed software packages) for efficient creation, modification, and work process management of engineering design drawings. The Program develops and provides the related training, policy, guidance and support for CAEG system stakeholders.
The responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Support the CAEG Program Office (PO) MicroStation to AutoCAD migration efforts in the areas of document management within ProjectWise and the translation of MicroStation files to AutoCAD files
- Ensuring compliance with FAA standards
- Coordination and troubleshooting of systems, applications, hardware, and software
- Advising the CAEG PO on upcoming ProjectWise and AutoCAD patches, upgrades, and potential issues
- Assisting with educating FAA employees on the proper use of AutoCAD inside of ProjectWise and other aspects of ProjectWise
- The position will require daily interactions with the FAA customers and the NISC IV team
We are seeking an individual to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as project schedule, process auditing and risk management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- CAD(D) AAS and 3+ years of experience working in ProjectWise with AutoCAD or working within a similar Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) OR 5+ years’ experience working in ProjectWise with AutoCAD
- Capability to provide technical support related to ProjectWise workflows that support FAA’s use of AutoCAD
- Capability to provide technical support resolving user issues related to common and some advanced ProjectWise technical issues
- Familiarity with emerging Bentley, Autodesk, and other EDMS trends in order to evaluate and recommend new and existing tools and solutions
- Familiarity with NCS or a similar CAD standard
Additional Attributes That Will Help Ensure Success:
- Experience with writing reports and providing recommendations
- Experience with Active Directory Users and Computers
- Ability to thrive in a remote/virtual work environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Proficiency using PDF tools (Bluebeam, Adobe)
Preferred Skills (Desired):
- Experience with AutoCAD 2019 and Revit
- Experience with AutoCAD profiles in ProjectWise
- Experience working with Federal agencies like GSA, USACE, DoD
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.