The NISC program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking an Environmental, Occupational Safety, and Health Professional who is Certified in Industrial Hygiene (CIH). In this role you will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Technical Support Center (TSC) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health Program. You will be assisting in the development, facilitation and implementation of safety and occupational health programs with the objective to proactively reduce risks and ensure compliance with regulations and liability management.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Development of FAA policy, guidance and directives on subjects related to FAA and occupational safety, health, and environmental compliance.
- Identification and assessment of hazardous workplace conditions.
- Perform/lead industrial hygiene and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) surveys and audits.
- Assist the FAA with ensuring that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state requirements.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on occupational safety and health subject areas including asbestos management, mold, confined space entry, workplace ergonomics and electrical safety.
- Assist in the design of appropriate solutions to address identified safety and environmental risks. Perform industrial hygiene related sampling at FAA facilities.
- Perform/lead industrial hygiene and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) surveys and audits
- Interact with regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA, local and state health & environmental departments)
Education and experience requirements:
BS degree in a scientific or public, health discipline required and 4 to 8 years of relevant occupational safety and health/industrial hygiene experience or Masters with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Ability to travel overnight up to 25% of work time.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Ability to obtain state licensing for related areas, such as Mold & Asbestos along with others.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.