The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking System Tester/Automation Engineer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. This role will support test planning and execution on an exciting new technology program from requirements definition through flight testing.
- Provide technical guidance during a significant project in designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining program.
- Translating and interpreting functional requirements into test cases.
- Maintain test environment and install new software code as necessary as needed to support applications
- Develop and use automated test
- Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer.
- Develop detailed test plans, test data and define test acceptance criteria.
- Prepare test report summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
- Verify specific action or function of code and demonstrate successfully to customer.
- Assist the software development team in the implementation of automated regression testing.
- Support Customer Demonstration, data prep and UAT activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other closely related field with a minimum of 8-12 years of relevant experience or 6-10 years of relevant experience with Masters Degree.
- Applicants must be a US Citizen with ability to acquire complete BI.
- Test data management and testing automation
- Technical expertise including fluency in Java programming language
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration tools and source control tools
- Experience with agile development and testing methodologies
- The ability to work on a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in test automation tools like Selenium, SoapUI, scripting, performance, load and scanning capabilities.
- Advanced degree is desirable
- Active CBP BI
- Experience with CBP
- Knowledge of JUnit
- Experience on AWS, CI/CD, SecDevOps is a plus
- Splunk, Splunk Processing Language (SPL), setting up Splunk dashboard
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.