The Mission Solutions Operation is seeking a Program Manager (PM) for an engineering and technical production program within its Mission Engineering Division. The PM will manage a complex multi-year, fast paced, highly dynamic environment of ~30 employees and subcontractors providing production, test, and inspection of active and passive devices. PM oversight includes the electronic, mechanical and environmental testing of devices prior to and following their return from deployments. The PM evaluates and makes recommendations for new technologies and approaches to testing, and monitors budgets and personnel performance holding discussions and analyzing finances as required to alleviate issues before they arise. The PM will interface with all levels of customer and Leidos management, and must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage an operational program.
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for: Establishing customer intimacy to understand their missions and establish IT objectives that will achieve success for their missions by:
• Serving as the programmatic liaison to the customer to commit program resources to ensure effective execution Presenting weekly and monthly program status to include financials, risk and mitigations, schedules and other ad hoc information requested by the customer
• Coordinating the development and implementation of roadmaps, strategies and tactical program activities
• Provide recommendations for new technical capabilities based on developments within industry
• Driving process improvements and innovation
• Creating and maintaining a professional, performance-oriented organization. Making complex/difficult financial, business, and personnel decisions with outcomes in best interest of the company, customer, and employees
• Coordinating, tracking, and reporting on procurement activities executed between company and customer environments
• Optimize procurement of materials, including the delivery to remote locations with great priority
• Meeting all contractual obligations
• Meeting financial AOP commitments in revenue and fee for the organization
• Focusing on retention of personnel and staffing
• Creating a diverse and inclusive environment for Leidos and team personnel
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and 8 years of experience
• Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
• Minimum 5 years as Program Manager in complex, multi-discipline environments
• PMP certification or equivalent Experience leading contractor teams, including subcontractors deploying IT solutions supporting complex intelligence platforms in an operational environment
• Working knowledge of industry standard and best practices related to project and program management
• Ability to lead and manage diverse workforce. Strong track record of organizational leadership and business management, including strong analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to establish an effective working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers; Ability to motivate employees and ensure engagement
• Ability to partner with infrastructure support personnel to include project control, finance, contracts, subcontracts, HR, recruiting, and business development personnel to effectively manage and grow the programs
• Masters of Science degree or equivalent professional experience
• Experience working with graphic, woodworking, and metallurgy production teams
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.