The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a SecDevOps Engineer to support a federal health program.
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Security DevOps Engineer to join the ASPR Ready team within the Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation. As a core member of the ASPR Ready team, you will play a valuable part building a transformative response and preparedness IT ecosystem. ASPR Ready is being built to modernize disaster data management and facilitate the HHS Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response’s (ASPR) response and business lifecycle with transformative technologies. Furthermore, ASPR Ready will address ASPR’s response workforce process challenges by increasing intra-agency collaborations, strengthening IT security, and streamlining data management for ASPR.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Drive the development of SecDevOps culture, process, pipeline and platform behaviors and implement Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and automation efforts.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Look for improvement opportunities for long-term SecDevOps practices and lead change to remove impediments.
- Serve as a SecDevOps engineer overseeing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and automation efforts for a large, complex project.
- Communicate and coordinate with the LEAF team to ensure enhancements and bug fixes needed by ASPR Ready are planned into the LEAF roadmap.
- Ensure the ASPR Ready roadmap aligns to product priorities and maintains an upgrade schedule to keep all software products on a currently supported baseline.
- Work closely with the product teams to develop the best technical designs and approaches for new product development.
- Lead and participate in SecDevOps-driven team projects and continuously improve SecDevOps processes and procedures for best practices.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices.
- Build solutions where the problem is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and coordinate completion of key deliverables across teams.
- Liaise with external and internal customer stakeholders on technical design decisions and trade-offs and ensure solutions will meet required functional, performance, and SLA thresholds.
- Evaluate build and deployment procedures to optimize, streamline and automate them.
- Evaluate the selection and/or hiring of team members to ensure team has the right balance of skills and experience to implement the solution.
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web-scale systems.
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Create and maintain SecDevOps technical documentation.
- Create custom reports to show automation usage and savings.
- Compose and communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- BS degree and 4 – 5 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience delivering deployment automation systems spanning multiple technical areas
- Hands-on experience with Terraform, Ansible, Helm, and Kubespray
- Experience with deployment automation systems (Jenkins, Travis CI, or CircleCI)
- Working knowledge of Grafana, Loki, Prometheus, Jaeger, and Grafana.
- Experience serving as a SecDevOps engineer on large projects or processes
- Experience working in the AWS GovCloud environment
- Deep understanding of SecDevOps processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment methodologies and tools.
- Good understanding of software development process fundamentals
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new technologies, tools, frameworks, and techniques
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet all deadlines and use of lean development philosophy
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Maintenance of a professional image and work environment
- A penchant for organization, planning, prioritization, and following through on responsibilities
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills—verbal and written.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Gradle, Nexus, and Keycloak
- Experience with one or more of: Harbor, JUnit, JMeter, Anchore, OpenSCAP, and SonarQube
- Familiarity with Atlassian SDLC management tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Understanding of basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Capability with modern development and/or scripting languages
- Experience with a cloud provider other than AWS
- Understanding of Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Exposure to various operating systems (Mac OS, Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with service meshes such as Istio
- Experience with one or more of: EC2, S3, EKS, MSK, Transit Gateway, Internet Gateway, or Virtual Private Gateway
- Familiarity with Trend Micro Deep Security, Workload Security, or Smart Check
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF)
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: ability to obtain Public Trust
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.