The Leidos Health Group’s CTO organization is seeking a Health Systems Senior Architect to develop solutions that positively impact the health and safety of people throughout the world. This position will directly support the active growth plans of our Government Health and Safety Solutions organization with a focus on civil health needs from IT services to clinical research. The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand customer needs through pre-sales engineering and account management activities and lead the development of compelling solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, proof of concepts, presentations, and proposal responses for our priority captures. This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions ranging from specific system needs to full enterprise coverage. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals in full awareness of industry trends. This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology and our customers to match solutions to customer requirements and to differentiate Leidos from our competitors. The successful candidate will be able to hold executive level discussions with our customers to further advance their appreciation of Leidos’ abilities to meet their needs.
• Lead the development of innovative solutions in support of priority capture efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
• Create content for white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
• Assist capture strategy development through technical leadership, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
• Assist in the development of the systems integration capabilities across multiple accounts within the business.
• Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving performance of existing projects as required.
• Conduct pre-sales engineering activities, to include engaging directly with customers in combination with our Business Development and Operations leadership teams.
• Masters degree and 15+ years of related experience.
• Experience (at least 5 years) in three of the following areas, with Expertise in at least one: Networking, System Development, Software or Application Development, AI/ML, Data Science, Data Warehousing, Data Governance, Hardware Engineering, Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Electronic Health Records, Information Assurance or Cyber Security, ITIL Framework, Agile Development, Health System Interoperability, and Life Sciences
• Direct experience working with or for a civilian health agency such as: SSA, HHS, FDA, CMS, CDC, NIH, NHLBI, and NCI.
• Understanding of health systems and their integration
• Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
• Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals
• Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals
• Experience in running trade studies, product evaluations, or research projects
• Experience in customer engagements
• Development and/or Operational program experience
• Experience engaging in business development and capture efforts
• Experience developing solutions involving data sciences, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
• Experience developing or managing DevOps solutions that rely on cloud-based infrastructure
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.