The Airport Mapping Team on the NISC IV contract with Leidos is an aeronautical information team supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Airport Mapping Team, assisting the FAA in creating and maintaining Aeronautical Charts. The charts are to support the National Airspace System (NAS). The Airport Mapping Team creates and maintains electronic charts for three publications, Construction Notices Graphics, the Chart Supplement Publication and the Terminal Procedure Publication. Construction Notice Graphics are published daily and uploaded to the FAA website. The Chart Supplement and Terminal Procedure Publications are published on a 56-day charting cycle.
Responsibilities will be:
- Analyze and maintain aeronautical data, as it relates to the application to aeronautical charts, products and publications.
- Analyze and maintain FAA aeronautical charts and airport maps for the U.S. Terminal Procedure Publications and the Chart Supplement.
- Apply charting specifications in the update of aeronautical charts.
- Evaluate digital imagery for analysis, interpretation, and application to aeronautical charts, products, and publications.
- Contact/interact with FAA Aeronautical Information Services (AJV-A) aeronautical information specialists, and other FAA mapping / charting teams and organizations in an effort to acquire source / documentation, rectify discrepancies in aeronautical data, and/or in response to inquiries/special requests.
- Use Bentley Microstation CAD/Geographic mapping software to create and/or maintain aeronautical charts and maps.
- Assist in creating and maintaining FAA construction notices graphics in support of the Federal NOTAM System (FNS).
- Evaluate and apply selected NOTAMs to construction notice graphics.
- Apply 56-day cycle Airport Diagram changes to all construction notices graphics.
- Assist Aeronautical Information Services (AJV-A) in developing automated aeronautical charts utilizing the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software in performing requirements analysis, data entry, testing, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Geography or related discipline from an accredited College or University
- 3- 5 years of experience is required
- Knowledge in Bentley Microstation or CAD software
- ESRI ArcGIS experience
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.