Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program focuses on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer. Leidos is responsible to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions. Leidos structure is to deliver immediate improvements to end-users with a complete hardware refresh, a single contractor accountable for delivering customer service across all tiers of service and an agile program structure to accelerate the pace of operational enhancements. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
As a Severity Analyst, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the ECIS Severity process which includes broadcasts, system monitoring, analysis to the ECIS Service Desk tickets, accuracy of the ticket escalation and resolution. You are expected to provide suggestions for the issue resolution and drive improvements of the service delivery through repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Assisting in severities assigned to other functional teams across the program.
Leading and declaring severities by identifying the severity level and enabling and managing the bridge. Interacts with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Send executive communications to a global audience providing accurate details of the incident and impacts to the business. Escalate more complex problems to Senior Level. Review daily ticket reports to ensure proper ticket handling and ticket routing. Supports Problem Management, with strong analytical skills to drive root cause analysis uncovering areas with repeat issues, partnering with service owners to identify target actions from lessons learned, and report progress on driving improvements within region.
Under the direction of the ITSM Manager and ITSM Lead, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Seamlessly manage severity Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 issues.
- Implement escalation and notification processes to promote seamless severity management.
- Communicates with managers and customers about the progress of high priority incidents, escalates where appropriate.
- Monitors systems and queues to ensure all assigned tasks are completed within specified metric requirements.
- Ensures that Outages and Incident tickets are assigned to appropriate support areas within SLAs and communicated to necessary support teams/customers.
- Act as a Lead during Incidents Severity events, declares event and level. Manages bridge, communication and works until closure.
- Manage outages, driving and coordinating resolution, including calls, escalation (both technical and hierarchic), as well as coordinating all incident support activities.
- Ensure that Incidents records are fully documented both during and after the Incident, including gathering and recording the full incident timeline of events.
- Remain available for system and ticket reporting requests from various support groups
- Collaborate with internal and external functional teams to identify the root cause for recurring incidents and create action-plans for resolution.
- Prepare and submit post incident report to senior leadership to convey impact, origin, root case and remediation.
- Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Perform trend analyze trends and generate statistical reports.
- Maintains on-call availability for a 24x7x365 coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. At least 3 years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree (i.e. minimum of 7 years of relevant experience).
- Possesses knowledge of, or skill in: ServiceNow Incident and Severity response handling methodologies, able to priorities triaging of incident, establishes the business impact, perform and prepare root cause analysis report.
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts verbally and in written format
- Ability to lead and drive incident severity calls and meetings
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, analytical, and collaboration skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, while working with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in Incident and Severity Management
- Experience with ServiceNow; ticketing systems, Incident and Knowledge management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Incident Response Life Cycle
Previous ITIL implementation experience
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.