Leidos has an opportunity at our Campus Point San Diego campus for an Information Technology Systems Manager (ITSM). This role will lead a team of IT Professionals to provide system design, development, and integration of hardware & software applications for our customers’ highly specialized programs. Working with other team members the ITSM will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on hardware selection and oversee all aspects of the development and deployment of information systems that meet demanding government requirements and are sustainable throughout the entire system lifecycle. This role will also work alongside the Information Assurance (IA) team to ensure all system design follows the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as well as other customer guidance.
At a minimum the ITSM will be responsible for the following:
- Lead Plan, Configure, Deploy, and Maintain (PCDM) efforts for the establishment and sustainment of critical computing infrastructures.
- Technical resource for system administrator to resolve complex issues that may arise from current or future solutions. This may entail being escorted into program spaces to assist in resolving critical time sensitive problems.
- Establish a hardware baseline that meets customer requirements and develop an efficient and repeatable process for hardware procurement.
- Implement and maintain an asset management process to track all hardware and software across the campus.
- Develop a replacement plan to identify end-of-life hardware and provide recommendation to Program Managers on proposed technical refresh schedules.
- As a hardware Subject Matter Expert provide sustainable technical solutions to Program Managers that require new or updated IT resources to support program needs.
- May be tasked for supporting program areas if Primary System Administrators is unavailable.
This role requires the following qualifications.
- Bachelors Degree and/or 12+ years of experience in Computer Science and Information Technology. Years of experience can be substituted for degree.
- Documented experience in IT management to include team building and leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge in hardware standards (workstation, server, network equipment, peripherals) as well as storage solutions (network, direct attached, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft operating systems (workstation and server), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Cisco IOS
- Detailed understanding of network technologies, Internet Protocol (IP) address management, Domain Name Service (DNS) Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Active Directory and network cable specifications (copper & fiber).
- Knowledge in continuity of operations and disaster recovery and back up strategies.
- Recent experience managing information system in a classified Department of Defense (DoD) environment and a strong understanding of RMF security control, compliance, and vulnerability scanning.
- Solid understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and how to develop and implement repeatable process.
- Experience is developing requirements based on the stated needs of the customer.
- Experience in implementing and maintain an off-line development & test environment to support system security testing, patch management, and vulnerability scanning
- This role requires an active DoD Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
- DoDM 8570 IAT II certification and Computing Environment (CE) qualifications
- Perficient in Windows and Linux scripting to include but not limited to PowerShell, Bash, C.
- Strong written and verbal communications, experience with Microsoft Office suite to include Visio
- Current experience in Assessment & Authorization under DCSA, IC, and Special Access communities
- Experience with ICD 705 standards, ability to read building plans, and an understanding of TEMPEST requirements
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.