The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Customer Support Specialist Intern supporting our DoD customer at DISA HQ at Ft. Meade, MD.
We seek individuals with excellent communication, critical thinking, and collaboration skills to function in a high-paced, dynamic environment alongside a proven ability to work both as part of a team and independently. A successful candidate will be able to engage with stakeholders from across the company, partner companies, and contractors.
In this role, you will be supporting the Secure Mobility Implementation Team (SMIT) which supports the DoD Mobility Program as a part of DISA's GSM-O II contract.
- Respond to end user calls as a first line of technical support, gathering information to resolve the issues, and /or assisting others in the resolution of the problem in a timely, accurately, and professional manner.
- Provide asset management support including the inventory and accountability of all mobile devices to include hotspots, cell phones tablets, and other items introduced into the program.
- Support the development, coordination, and approval of requisite program acquisition documentation in accordance with DoD 5000 series regulation and instruction and/or DISA Small Projects Policies
- Monitor program performance, execution and metrics development and provide recommendations for increased efficiency.
- Assist with Provisioning activities when feasible
- Attend meetings and brief the government on program status and adhoc info requests.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college/university pursuing a degree in a related field.
- Ability to interpret customer requests and map to existing business functions.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD SECRET clearance; Interim Secret required to start. (Selected candidates will be sponsored for required clearance
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.