We’re living in highly connected times, yet many healthcare organizations still operate rudimentary technology and fragmented ecosystems. For healthcare to catch up, executives need to push their digital transformation agenda—and need to do so quickly.
Our Health Digital Services group was created to further support the industry by helping healthcare organizations lower costs, advance security, embrace innovation, and improve patient outcomes with digital modernization services.
Trinity AMS Program has an immediate opening for an Epic Willow Team Lead
The Epic Willow Team Lead is responsible for all activities related to the ongoing support and develop of the Willow application. He/She manages and assigns work to the application support team in coordination with the overall team. This team will consist of pharmacists, pharmacy techs and clinical analysts. The Team Lead is responsible for all management aspects of his/her team, i.e. annual evaluations, hiring, counseling, mentoring and other management activities. Confers with and advises staff on standards, policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Manages priorities set by the Clinical Manager and Senior Manager. Understands and supports the strategic direction of Leidos and manages his/her support area in accordance with that strategy. Works closely with other Team Leads and/or Manager of the applications to make sure priorities and work assignments are managed consistently.
- Manages day to day activities of Epic Willow Team
- Contributes to projects by determining tasks and priorities necessary to accomplish given objectives.
- Participates in defining project plans/goals and managing portions of projects
- Provides direction and manages small to mid-size projects and teams. Determines plans and schedules resources needed to accomplish given overall outcomes
- Performs own tasks effectively to meet deadlines and systematically monitors project schedules and staff performance to ensure overall project deadlines and SLAs are met
- Produces quality results within established timelines
- Engages in activities beyond the scope of own job when asked to do so
- Acts as first point of contact and escalation for application team for analysts
- Strong understanding of the Epic system including applications, implementations, and support
- Experience with Epic system rollouts and upgrades
- Proven ability to thrive in and foster an existing team-oriented culture rooted in respect, ethics and integrity, teamwork, collaboration, and effective communication
- Solution-oriented; skilled in grasping the essentials in complex situations, anticipating client needs, and conceptualizing both problems and solutions
- Must possess a PharmD or Pharmacist Degree with 6 – 10 years relevant experience
- Must have Pharmacist license that is current and in good standing
- Must have two (2) or more years of experience in a health system pharmacy practice. Work experience is typically gained by working in specialized healthcare field
- 5+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects highly recommended
- Proven successes IT strategic direction
- Experience creating SLAs and managing SLAs
- Possesses exceptional customer service attitude and skillset
- Experience working with client stakeholders
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and drive to succeed
- EPIC SME and current Willow Epic Certification
- Experience with issue communication and swift resolution
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.