UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for a Network Engineer to work collaboratively with colleagues and our customer in an exciting and critical LAN/WAN environment delivering technical service in a dynamic ITIL environment.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Cisco Enterprise LAN environments, 3rd line support level including, deployment, administration and troubleshooting. Ideally to a CCNP and CCDP level.
- Focusing on Secure LAN environments including security boundaries and rulesets
- Must have a good understanding of WAN connectivity and routing protocols also with experience and understanding of the implementation, configuration and management of virtual and physical networking solutions
- Hand on experience in troubleshooting Layer 2/3 switching and routing,
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting VPC, VDC, STP, BGP, OSPF and other key mainstream protocols
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Sidewinders and ASAv firewalls
- Platform focus: ISR, 6800, 3750, 3850 series
- Excellent communications skills, organisational skills and independent and autonomous working
- Have the ability to tackle complex problems and incidents
- Experience in ITIL ICT service delivery on critical infrastructure
- Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
- Experiencing in patch management including analysis and deployment
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting of MPLS networks
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto, ASAv and Juniper Firewalls
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Juniper Enterprise LAN environments, to both design and 3rd line support level including, deployment, administration and troubleshooting. Ideally to a JNCIP level.
- £39,900 - £50,900 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.