Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The QRC AISR Division within the Airborne Solutions Operations (ASO) of Leidos Defense Group currently has an immediate opening for an Avionics Electrical Engineer to be based out of our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Executes various aircraft integration and repair efforts as assigned
- Independently services airborne avionics and imaging sensors and systems infrastructure, as well as, depot level assembly, integration and testing of components
- Independently interfaces with customers and other SMEs as needed
- Independently develops & implements solutions to a variety of electronic problems that may arise in an efficient and timely manner
- Manages, assesses and provides process implementation to ensure proper tool control, FOD and consumable accountability procedures are adhered to throughout the build or repair processes.
- Submission and tracking of engineering documentation by analyzing drawings, assessing required changes and submitting Problem Reports as required
- Responsible for supporting the build and tests of systems and subsystems
- Follows established configuration management, integration, safety, and quality assurance processes
- BS in Electrical Engineering and 4 years of prior relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience with developing, integrating, testing, and trouble-shooting AISR equipment
- Current experience with DOD avionics, to include but not limited to, communication, navigation, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability equipment repair and modification
- Familiarity with DCMA aircraft operation requirements, including tool and equipment inspections and management
- Proven ability to quickly asses unforeseen issues or problems and develop solutions and paths forward
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
- Previous experience with asset management systems and configuration management processes
- Be able to obtain a US passport or visa to travel CONUS and OCONUS
- Be willing to work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
- Familiarity with AS9100D, ISO9001, and AC-43.13
- Prior experience working with, or being a member of, the military
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.