Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire an Electronics Engineer specializing in sensor design, sensor interfacing, and sensor data analysis to join our project team supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing, and evaluation team for fielding undersea, autonomous, robotic sensor-data collection platforms for the US DoD.
This position will require the candidate to obtain a Secret Clearance. A candidate who currently holds a Secret or Top Secret clearance is preferred.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Support the design, testing, fabrication, interfacing, and integration of various sensor systems, with primary focus on acoustic sensing technology for undersea applications.
- Participate in testing and evaluating prototype performance and overall sensor capabilities.
- Analyze data collected during sensor integration and at-sea testing using analytical tools such as MATLAB, LabView, Python scripting/programming, Microsoft Excel and others.
- Work with a small team of technicians and engineers to develop sensor designs that meet future performance and system requirements
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings to collaborate with CAD designers in the development of prototype and production/fieldable systems.
- Support the development of fabrication plans and process definition to build prototype and production/fieldable systems.
- Circuit design, both analog and digital (pre-amplification, analog filters, A/D and D/A conversion, microcontrollers, etc.).
-PCB board layout/design (experience with Altium is a plus)
- FPGA/PLD development experience is a plus, especially with VHDL
- Strong programming skills, C /C++, C#, and Python
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems
- Experience with embedded systems development (8-Bit and ARM)
- Proficiency in MATLAB and LabView
- Knowledge and/or experience with underwater acoustics (sensors and theory) is a plus
- Requires BS EE (or equivalent) and 3+ years of prior relevant experience or MSEE (or equivalent) with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Ability to work in small groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong software troubleshooting skills
- Hardware troubleshooting skills
- Marine / Shipboard experience
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness).
- Willing to travel for short periods of time (1 week trips are typical)
External Referral Eligible
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.