Varec Inc. a Leidos company has an opening for a Cyber Compliance Analyst, supporting processes and procedures related to information assurance and quality assurance requirements for the FuelsManager® Defense (FMD), Base Level Support Application (BLSA) application suite provided by the Defense Logistics Agency and used throughout the DoD worldwide.
In this mission as a subject matter expert for all advanced cybersecurity and information assurance support requests generated from BSM-Energy Customers at all levels. In addition to the application support, provide advanced operating systems, network architecture, security posture compliance, analysis, Risk Management Framework authorizations and incident management life cycle support resolution.
- Supporting an evolving IT infrastructure, computer operations of the production and staging systems.
- Advising, investigating and evaluating the selection of solutions used by our customer.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and evolution of operational systems and applications.
- Propose solutions to customers evolving security issue.
- Work with senior team members across Development, QA, and Engineering and Service managers to define product requirements related to security compliance. Requirements definition of back porting/retrofitting and modification of Base Level Support Application (BLSA) specific interfaces, reports, installation programs and utility programs as they relate to security configuration issues and noncompliance issues.
- Creating and delivering applicable Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages detailed to the BLSA application to obtain/maintain active accreditation and authority to connect authorizations for each branch of service supported with BLSA.
- Executing automated and manual Security Test Scripts as necessary
- Utilize automated scanning tools for Database security, Application security, and Network security and penetration vulnerabilities.
- Information Assurance testing as necessary to comply with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) version releases, Trustwave (AD), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), MicoFocus Web Inspect Vulnerability Scanners, Penetration testing and correct document and prepare deployment of corrective methodologies both internal and external customers.
- Create all deployed operating system images per DISA/DoD security compliance measurements.
- Develop monthly update packages to be deployed and implemented at standalone facilities to maintain the necessary security posture and IA compliance with DoD Directives and Instructions related to IT systems
- Conduct ongoing testing to verify correct systems operation with Operating System patches, service packs, IAVM/IAVA notifications, DISA/NSA/NIST Security Cert notifications and version releases. Required monthly report covering this process
- Provide direct and indirect SME assistance to the PMO team in support of required government audits i.e FISCAM and GAO etc.
- Provide the necessary controls and data gathering capability to assemble, verify and validate requirements for various ongoing BLSA development efforts related to cybersecurity and defense in-depth requirements.
- Serve as an advocate for Security best practices, active participant in the Agile Team development and CM process for the supported applications.
- Provide technical guidance for quality systems, customer support, Field Technician proficiency assessment, and problem solving facilitation
- Deploy to field locations randomly to perform Quality Surveillance Management operation evaluations and reporting.
- Investigate/resolve quality problems with product configuration and deployment departments
- Assist with the design and Implement quality initiatives to reduce/eliminate non-standard implementation
- Continuously update and maintain Quality standards to improve process and product quality
- Maintain compliance with all quality requirements for all approved processes and certifications
- Perform internal task order quality assurance inspection both random and scheduled.
- Implement related quality initiatives, activities and programs including implementation strategies and systems integration and alignment.
- Provide Quality Assurance Reports to the COTR within the prescribe timeframe
- Validate documentation changes for Quality Assurance related issues for internal/external user documents.
- Active certification compliance in accordance with DoD Directive 8140.01 and DOD 5870.01-M IAT Level II Category to include Computing Environment (CE) certification (current supported operating system certification).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 6 yrs of related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Government IT security clearance, IT2 minimum with possible requirements for an IT1
- Experience working with DISA/NSA/NIST security compliance settings for the platforms provided to base level customers, including a full understanding of the operating and system security parameters deployed and utilized in a DoD environment
- Full understanding of IT networking architecture with relation to Client Server configurations and/or thin/thick net configurations as well has advanced hardware and software knowledge
- Full working knowledge of imaging software and deployment methods and packages
- SME experience with the entire current RMF Process or prior Accreditation methodology
- SME experience with Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- In-depth technical experience/knowledge with DoD operating system images and security parameters for each military branch of service
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.